Choose the best lighting for your reading corner

If you have a space in your living room to read the latest bestsellers or literary novels of all time, then these tips will help you choose a good lighting for that reading corner.

The most economical and natural option

As a lighting designer, what I always advise first is to make the most of the natural lighting that enters in your room. That is, if possible, locate this reading corner next to the window or as close as possible to it.

Choose the best lighting for your reading corner 02

Instagram @la.vally

Choose the best lighting for your reading corner 07

Instagram @abbyorganizes

The favorite, the floor lamp

The type of luminaire that is most advisable for a reading corner is the floor lamp. There are many variants of this luminaire, but the ideal for this space are those with a short or long arm. This type of arm allows you to turn it and thus direct the light on the desired place and avoid the shadows on it.

Choose the best lighting for your reading corner 06

Instagram @karynmillet

Choose the best lighting for your reading corner 04

Instagram @sophia.at.home

Choose the best lighting for your reading corner 01

Instagram: @almafied

Choose the best lighting for your reading corner 08

Instagram: @abacainteriors

When your living room is small

If your living room is too small, it is best to use a table lamp, so you do not break with the scale of your space. This luminaire should be located on a tall furniture like a credenza and closest to the sofa where you sit to read your favorite books.

Another alternative to the floor lamp

Another alternative is a wall lamp with swing arm. It has the same function as a floor lamp but remember that the wall lamp is fixed on that wall.

Always remember to maintain the harmony between your decorative style and the style, finishing and color of your floor lamp. Let’s get ready to enjoy a reading afternoon or evening!

Big hug!

Fiorella

How to illuminate your kitchen countertop if you do not have upper cabinets (or shelves)

Edison light bulbs, should we use them exposed or not?

Choose the best lighting for your reading corner 00

Share the love:

8 Comments

• Moni//OmTripsBlog 2019-05-06 at 5:20 pm

All of the ideas are great! They are all looking so cozy 🙂

• lacasadefreja 2019-05-10 at 10:17 am

Thanks Moni 🙂

• Lisa 2019-05-06 at 5:43 pm

There are three areas in our new home that I’ve been trying to figure out the best way to decorate and utilize natural light. We have an unused attic space that I’m excited about transforming, but it will first need a window put in and a stair entrance, so it’s probably last on my list for updating! My laundry room is actually quite large with a lot of windows across two walls, so I’d like to try decorating with bookshelves and plants – there is already a sofa and chair in that space, but the color scheme is red and I’d much prefer a neutral tone like what you share in your pictures here – so pretty and inviting! And lastly, we have an oblong living room – I’ve had such a time figuring out the best placement of furniture. Lighting is a real issue because of the shape. I really like your wall lamp suggestion and will try to work that in somehow. Thanks for this brilliant post! You’ve given me a lot to think about. Be well!

• lacasadefreja 2019-05-10 at 10:22 am

Exciting will all those home renos you need to do. We are in the same situation about bedrooms, garage and garden.

• Jenna 2019-05-07 at 7:51 am

Awesome advice. Now I feel like I want to update our living room lighting. I love the examples that you presented. I especially love the large white floor lamp. X

• lacasadefreja 2019-05-10 at 10:18 am

That is a very nice one 🙂

• Madi Rowan 2019-05-07 at 3:42 pm

These are all so beautiful! I really love the look of the floor lamps you shared. Of course natural lighting is always preferred but sometimes it just isn’t an option, so these are great suggestions!
    -Madi xo | http://www.everydaywithmadirae.com

• lacasadefreja 2019-05-10 at 10:20 am

Exactly! If natural light is not possible, then lets try these options 🙂